- Laser flare meter
- Quantitative measurement equipment for flare in the anterior chamber
FM-600 Laser Flare Meter
Model Number: LSS50AK
The FM-600 is Kowa's unique aqueous flare meter that offers a reproducible and reliable guide to ocular inflammation. Designed to combine efficiency and accuracy with fast and easy operation in a compact and modern body, the FM-600 aqueous flare meter enhances the follow up of patients by enabling the in-vivo measurement of aqueous flare in a non-contact, non-invasive, and painless manner. The FM-600 provides quantitative and reproducible measurements of aqueous flare, which is useful in cases of uveitis and following IOL implantation. In addition, increased levels of flare have been reported with many other ocular conditions thus making the FM-600 a highly useful tool.
Quantitative Measurement Equipment for Flare in the Anterior Chamber
- Non-contact, non-invasive, in-vivo, painless device designed for quantitative measurement of the aqueous flare
- Useful in follow-up observation for patients with uveitis, after IOL implantation etc.
- Engineering based on measurement principle of laser light scattering detection.
- Uses diode laser beam to scan measuring window projected inside anterior chamber of the eye.
- As an aqueous protein (component of inflammation) passes through the focal point of the laser, light scattering occurs.
- The intensity of the scattered light (which is directly proportional to the amount of protein particles-flare) is detected by a photo multiplier tube (PMT), which generates an electric signal.
- Signals are immeditately digitized to eliminate outside noise interference.
- Signals then processed by a computer which displays the results for user analysis.
- FM-600 results measured in photons per millisecond.